Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fast Food Intelligence

I can hear the rants now of how cruel I am regarding our fast food restaurant workers.

It’s interesting that when I went to school, I was required to know how to count and do all types of mathematics, but it doesn’t appear to be so these days.

We as an understanding society know that everyone isn’t as super intelligent as you, Doc, so get over it already.

Oh, boo-hoo.

Anyway, I went to one of the fast food drive thru restaurants the other day with my sweetie for breakfast, and paid for the food at the first window.

It was interesting, because the person who gave us our change apparently couldn’t count change correctly, thus shorting us on our money.

Maybe this person thought that they would take their tip out of our change at that moment instead of waiting for their shift change.

It was when we were driving to the other window to pick up our food that my sweetie had noticed that she was shorted on her cash back.

Of course, when you’re in line and you’re moving forward to the next window, you just can’t back up to the window that you just left, because of the cars behind you.

What do you do?

You keep moving forward, of course.

The window isn’t camera monitored as to show how much change you get counted back from the cashier.

What ever happened to polite customer service and the counting back of your change?

They just say what your change back is and you’re moving forward to get your food.

If I gave the clerk a twenty dollar bill and she gave me $5.00 and some $1.00 bills, I have to wait and count it back to make sure I got eighteen dollars and change back.

So, what do you do?

Do you stay at the window counting your change and hoping that you didn’t drop a coin or two in the process, thereby coming up short because you’re a klutz?

No, because if everyone did that, no one would get their hot, fast food meal, whatever it was that they had ordered.

Of course you can get your hot meal, drive to a parking spot, and then go inside to complain about the change shortage, but who would believe you?

After you get inside, are all of those people standing in line going to let you cut in front of them just to complain?

No, you have to stand in line and miss your hot number one combo or whatever combo number that you had picked, all for being short changed by a nickel.

You can then stomp back out to your car mad as a hornet and then have that cold combo waiting for you to return.

Oh yummy, cold greasy, tasteless blah.

Not only can’t these minimum wage earners make the correct change, they can’t get your order correct, either.

I wonder if that’s why they ask you two or three times what you ordered, just so they can get your order wrong.

My mouth is drooling for a number one combo, the Hefty Lamb Half Pounder with extra cheese and bacon only to get a Two Ounce Kangaroo Melt with extra hot sauce instead.

Or, I get some dried up biscuit thingy that was probably left out on the floor all night that just got picked up that morning and put on the steam table to make is seem fresh.

Oh yummy, yummy.

Am I done? NO.

I guess these franchise owners are so cheap that they don’t instruct their drive thru window employees to ask if we want condiments for our fries and or hash browns.

It couldn’t be that these employees are that lazy or that stupid that they won’t ask, ‘Sir would you like catsup or mustard for your fries?’

I do know that some of these fast food employees do ask what kind condiments you wish to have for your food, and because of this, that franchise gets my return business.

However, if the food is lousy, they can ask all they want, because they won’t be asking me, for sure.

Maybe I’m expecting too much in customer service from everyone that I come in contact with, after all I provide customer service wherever I go and I expect it in return.

Or maybe this customer service is something that fast food places aren’t concerned with, because they know that you will return when you get hungry enough.

We don’t eat out that often, because one never knows what one might be getting as food.

A nice sirloin sandwich might be something entirely contrary of what you may have thought it was; however, you can decide what you are chewing on at that moment.

Bon appetite, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment